LeSaffre Saf-Instant Dry Baker's Yeast (5 x 11g)
Instant Yeast, also known as “fast-rising” or “fast-acting” dry yeast, can quicken the rising time in traditional baking. All dry yeast types are suitable for recipes using traditional and bread machine baking methods.
Weight: 5 x 11g
How to activate dry yeast:
• Rehydrate the yeast in warm water with sugar first
• Blending the yeast with the dry ingredients prior to adding warm liquidsMethods to activate yeast in liquids before using:
• Dissolve 1 teaspoon of sugar in ½ cup warm water
• Add yeast (amount depends on your recipe) to the sugar solution
• Stir in yeast until completely dissolved
• Let mixture stand until yeast begins to foam vigorously (5 – 10 minutes)
• Add mixture to remaining ingredients Note: Decrease the total liquids in your recipe by ½ cup to adjust for the liquid used to dissolve the yeast
Country of Origin
- Shelf life of unopened product stored in cool dry conditions is 2 years from production date.
- Refrigeration is not required for unopened packages
- Once opened, it must be used within 48 hours or refrigerate to be used within 8 days.
Direction for use
- Add directly to the flour or at the start of the kneading process. Saf-instant yeast disperses easily and uniformly into the dough and gives optimum fermentation.
- No rehydration is required before use.
- Saf-Instant yeast must be kept in dry place away from heat. Do not place it in direct contact with ice or iced water.