Eggless Chocolate Mousse Recipe
This extremely-easy Chocolate Mousse with no eggs recipe is also vegetarian, and can be completed in just one to two hours; no oven needed! You can also watch our chocolate mousse YouTube video to get a visual idea on how everything looks!
At Pastry Mart, we share the joy of baking with everyone. As one of the best places that provide baking supplies in Singapore, our clients trust that we bring in high-quality ingredients that they purchase in bulk to resell to you. To get started, you can purchase any ingredients in our recipes by adding to your cart and checking out!
To get started, here are all the ingredients for chocolate mousse!
- Belgium Dark Chocolate 64% Buttons - 400g
- Rich's Versatie Cooking & Whipping Solution
- Arla Whipping Cream - 500g
- SMET White Chocolate Curls
- Pastry Mart's Cocoa Powder 10-12% Fat Alkalised
How to make chocolate mousse
This recipe requires making the Dark Chocolate Ganache and Mousse separately, and it's important to start with the ganache first as that is the base of the Chocolate Mousse.
Creating the Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Pour Rich's Versatie Cooking & Whipping Solution in a small pan. Be sure to not let your cream boil, you're looking to heat up the cream and it bubbles. and heat up till bubbles gently.
- Fill a bowl with 400g Belgium Dark Chocolate buttons and pour the heated cream into that bowl to melt and meld the ingredients.
- Grab a small whisk and slowly, stir the mixture. The hot cream will melt the chocolate chips.
- Once the mixture is smooth, divide the portion into 1/3 for toppings, and 2/3 for the Mousse.
- Let it sit and cool till spreadable texture.
- In a separate bowl, whip 500g of Arla Whipping Cream at 7°C to 10°C at on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
Creating the Mousse
- Using 2/3 of the cooled Dark Chocolate Ganache, fold it into the whipped Arla Cream gently. This is to mix the ingredients well to create the Mousse.
Serve the Chocolate Mousse!
- Once mixed to a homogenous solution, fill a piping bag with the Mousse and pipe the mixture evenly between the dessert shot glasses.
- This is optional, but you can garnish the top of the Mousse with the remaining ganache, white chocolate curls, and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Cover the shot glasses and let it chill in the refrigerator until set for one hour.
Serve and enjoy!