Yule Log Cake
1. Preheat oven to 180°C . Grease a 12”x16” tray and line with parchment / baking paper.
2. Whisk: Put eggs, water and premix flour. Whisk on medium speed to incorporate all ingredients together, before whisking on high speed till batter is light and fluffy.
3. Adding in oil: Turn down speed to low-med speed as your drizzle in the oil for about 30sec.
4. Stop Whisk. Use a spatula and mix, ensuring bottom of the bowl is scrapped through and batter is well mixed.
5. Grease the side of the pan with butter.
6. Bake: Pour batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer with a palette knife. Bake until top springs back when lightly pressed, 12 minutes
7. Cool: Allow the cake to cool for about 15mins.
8. Invert warm cake onto a parchment paper. Peel off parchment paper from the spongecake.
9. Roll the sponge up tightly and leave to cool completely.
10. When the sponge is cool, unroll it gently.
1. Whip the product at 7°C to 10°C at high speed until the liquid becomes viscous (maximum 3 minutes)
2. Whip at medium speed until medium peaks form.
3. With the cake cooled, spread filling evenly over cake with a palette knife, leaving about 2 fingers gap at the end.
4. Roll cake back into a log, pulling the paper tightly, gently easing the sponge over the filling. Place seam side down on a baking sheet and refrigerate until well chilled, 1 hour.
1. Place Versatie in a small pan and heat up till bubbles form and cream is hot. Be careful to not let your cream boil.
2. Take the pan off the stove and pour in your chocolate chips.
3. Use a small whisk, slowly stir the mixture. The hot cream will melt the chocolate chips. Stir chocolate until smooth.
4. Let it sit and cool till spreadable texture
5. Trim off the edge of the log on each side.
6. Spread ganache over the log - tops and sides. Use tip of knife or an icing scraper, to create bark of log tree.
7. Start your decoration with the dark chocolate shavings dusting on cocoa powder and icing sugar. 8. Add on Christmas ornament