Graveyard Chocolate And Pumpkin Brownie Cake
Flour Mixture to be sieved and prepped in a separate bowl:
1. Plain Flour - 100g
2. Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
3. Salt - 1/2 tsp
4. Unsalted Butter (Melted) - 185 g
5. Caster Sugar - 300 g
6. Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
7. Eggs - 3 nos.
8. Cocoa Powder 25g
9. Dark Chocolate chips 85g
10. Pumpkin Puree - 120g
11. Chopped Walnut 60g
12. Cinnamon Powder - 3/4 tsp
13. Nutmeg Powder - 1/2 tsp
14. Ginger Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
1. Arla Whipping Cream - 125g
2. Dark Chocolate Couverture 56.5% (Chopped) - 125g
1. Fence - Pocky Sticks
2. Graves - Leftover Chocolate Ganache, Lotus Biscoff Crumbs
3. Grass - Pastry Mart Coconut Flakes, Green Coloring
4. Toppers and other decoration items
How to make the brownie!
Let's start with the brownie first:
1. Preheat oven to 175 deg C. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
2. Line with baking paper.
3. Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
4. Whisk together the melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Gradually, add the flour mixture and stir the batter until it's evenly moistened. Divide the batter in half in two separates bowl.
6. Into one bowl of batter, blend in the cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
7. In the second bowl of batter, stir in the pumpkin puree, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger powder.
8. Spread 1/2 of the chocolate batter into the bottom of the prepared baking pan, follow with 1/2 of the pumpkin batter. Repeat the layers, ending with a pumpkin layer and drag a kitchen knife or small spatula gently through the layers in a swirling motion, to create a pattern in the layers.
9. Bake in the preheated oven until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, 40 - 45 minutes.
How to make the Chocolate Ganache:
1. Put the cream in the saucepan and boil.
2. Put the chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate and mix until the chocolate melted and smooth.
1. Once cool, cover the whole cake with the chocolate ganache and decorate as per wish.