Creepy Pumpkin Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Flour Mixture to be sieved and prepped in a separate bowl:
1. Self-Raising Flour - 225g
2. Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
3. Salt - 3/4 tsp
4. Cinnamon Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
5. Nutmeg Powder - 3/4 tsp
6. Ginger Powder - 3/4 tsp
1. Caster Sugar - 145g
2. Dark Brown Sugar - 145g
3. Pumpkin Puree - 600g
4. Vegetable Oil - 185 ml
5. Eggs - 3 nos.
Cream Cheese Ingredients
1. Unsalted Butter - 125g
2. Cream Cheese - 200g
3. Icing Sugar (Sieved) - 600g
How to make the cupcake!
Let's start with the cupcake first:
1. Sieve together self raising flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and ginger powder in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix eggs, vegetable oil and pumpkin puree until nice and smooth.
3. Add in the caster sugar and brown sugar and mix until well combined.
4. Slowly add in the sifted flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
5. Pour into the muffin cups, 3/4 full and bake at a pre-heated oven of 150 deg C. for around 18 - 20 minutes (depending on the sizes).
6. Once baked, cool on a baking tray.
How to make the Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Cream the softened butter until light and creamy.
2. Add in the cream cheese and continue beating until nice and smooth.
3. Lastly, slowly add in the icing sugar, half at a time.
4. Mix until light and Creamy.
1. Pipe cream cheese topping on top and decorate as per wish.