Red Velvet Naked Christmas Cake
At Pastry Mart, we share the joy of baking with everyone. As one of the best places that provide baking supplies in Singapore, our clients trust that we bring in high-quality ingredients that they purchase in bulk to resell to you. To get started, you can purchase any ingredients in our recipes by adding to your cart and checking out!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C . Grease a 20cm/ 8" springform cake pan and line with parchment / baking paper.
2. Mix eggs, water and premix flour.
3. Whisk on medium speed to incorporate all ingredients together, before whisking on high speed till batter is light and fluffy.
4. Adding in oil: Turn down speed to low-med speed as your drizzle in the oil for about 30sec
5. Stop Whisk. Use a spatula and mix, ensuring bottom of the bowl is scrapped through and batter is well mixed.
6. Grease the side of the pan with butter.
7. Bake: Pour batter into the cake tin, level the cake batter with a palette knife and pat the cake on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles before transferring to oven.
8. Bake for 20- 30mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool: Remove sides from the cake pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Cool completely before carefully handling to remove base. Cool cake(s) in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake(s) from pan and cool completely before frosting.
10. Using a serrated knife, slice the cake horizontally into 2 layers.
1. Beat together cream cheese, butter for 3 minutes (This makes it really smooth and changes from yellow to almost white).
2. Add icing sugar and beat for 2 minutes or until frosting is light and fluffy to your taste.
3. If your frosting seems too runny (depends on quality of cream cheese/ if the cream cheese was too soft), just add more icing sugar.
Assembling of the cake:
1. Check to see if the top of each cake is flat. If not, use a serrated knife level off the cakes.
2. Spread one cake with 1 1/2 cups of frosting. Top with the other cake. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting.
3. Whip Gold Label Topping Cream and have a big dollop on the cake, using the palette knife to spread and pat the whipped cream for a snowy effect
4. Add coconut flakes
5. Add Christmas ornaments 6. Finish off with icing powder.