ActiveFood Red Velvet Mix 1kg
The sponge mix consists of all practical ingredients, such as emulsifiers and baking powder. To achieve a wholesome flavour, chefs are to add their own ingredients, and delivering excellent volume and texture.
Sugar, Flour (Wheat), Modified Starch, Milk Powder, Cocoa Powder, Leavening Agents, Emulsifiers, Flavour, Salt, Gum (vegetable), Permitted Colouring, Beetroot Powder
Country of Origin
ActiveFood Red Velvet Mix 1000g
If your quantity is half, please remember to half your other ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C . Grease a 20cm/ 8" springform cake pan and line with parchment / baking paper.
2. Mix eggs, water and premix flour.
3. Whisk on medium speed to incorporate all ingredients together, before whisking on high speed till batter is light and fluffy.
4. Adding in oil: Turn down speed to low-med speed as your drizzle in the oil for about 30sec.
5. Stop Whisk. Use a spatula and mix, ensuring bottom of the bowl is scrapped through and batter is well mixed.
6. Grease the side of the pan with butter.
7. Bake: Pour into the cake tin and pat the cake on the counter a few times before transferring to oven.
8. Bake for 20- 30mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool: Remove sides from the cake pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Cool completely before carefully handling to remove base. Cool cake(s) in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake(s) from pan and cool completely before frosting.