Tres Leches Cake (3 Milk Mexican Cake)
Segment 1: The Spongecake
- Cake Flour - 210 gm
- Pastry Mart Baking Powder - 8 gm
- Salt - 3 gm
- Egg Yolk - 3 nos.
- Caster Sugar - 156 gm
- Vanilla Essence - 15 gm
- Arla Full Cream 3.5% Milk - 120 ml
- Egg Whites - 6 nos.
- Caster Sugar - 104 gm
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar till light pale colour.
- Slowly, add in the milk and vanilla essence. Continue whisking until well combined.
- Add the sifted ingredients into the egg yolk mixture until just combine. Do not overmix. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg white with the lemon juice on a medium speed for around a minute or until light and frothy.
- Gradually, add in the caster sugar and whisk until it reaches soft peak. Keep aside.
- Take 1/3 of the meringue and fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- After that, take the whole egg mixture and add into the balance meringue and slowly fold until just combine.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 10"x10" cake pan and bake at a pre heated oven of 160 deg C for around 30 minutes.
- Once baked, let it cool for around 15 minutes before taking out from the cake pan. Leave it to completely cool.
Segment 2: Milk Mixture (For Soaking)
- Evaporated Milk - 395 gm
- Condensed Milk - 250 gm
- Heavy Cream - 270 gm
- Combine all the 3 type of milk together and mix it until completely combined.
- Take the cake and transfer it back into the cake pan (bottoms up).
- Using a fork, pierce all around the top of the cake. (This is to help seep the milk mixture into the cake).
- Slowly pour the milk mixture all over the cake. Chill it for about an hour to overnight, allowing the milk to absorb into the cake.
Segment 3: Mascarpone Cheese mixture
- Whipping Cream - 300 gm
- Icing Sugar - 50 gm
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Mascarpone Cheese - 225 gm
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla essence into the mascarpone cheese and whisk until completely combined.
- Add the whipping cream into the cheese mixture and whisk until soft peak.
Segment 4: Assembly with topping
- Mascarpone Cheese mixture
- Ground Cinnamon Powder to taste
- Strawberries or any fruit of choice ( for deco )
- Place chilled and moistened cake on top of a tray or cake board.
- Spread the mascarpone cheese mixture evenly on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top and decorate with some strawberries. (Optional ).
- Slice and serve.